28 December 2008

The Adventures of Asshole

So earlier today I was getting ready to shower to over to my godmom's when Asshole called.

Why? Glad you asked!

He has created a board game that's actually sold a fair amount for an independent. And he wanted me to test out with people. Right. Haven't heard hide nor hair for 2 weeks, since he called me anyway. His first statement? NOT "Hello." No, no. Not this asshole. It was "So I'm looking for people to test out [name not given because asswipe doesn't deserve the publicity.]." Right. I'll just take that time right now.

"No, I can't today. I have to go to my godmom's."
"What about Tuesday?"
"Can't. Doc appointment."
"At 7pm?"
"Then I have to go to my godmom's." Liiiiiar that I am.
"Oh, okay."

Then I, being the confused that I am, keep talking but stop mid-sentence after telling that my stepdad's coming over to fix my apartment a bit. I was tired of carrying the conversation and it was only 2 minutes in. Instead I decided to spend the next ten minutes starting a sentence, stopping, and letting it hang. He couldn't carry a conversation with me. Me. I'm like the easiest person to talk to because I have a wide variety of topics.

And the oddest thing he said? "Happy showering." Happy. Showering. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Jessie. Thought I'd visit over at your place . . . my, you have been busy getting yourself hurt. Asshole sounds completely clueless. I doubt he has even a wisp of suspicion he's been an s.o.b. He understands games. He does not have a clue about people.

Here's hoping your new year brings you someone twice as interesting as the A-Guy, and overflowing with clues!

Eileen

10:41 AM  
Blogger Twiddles said...

Geez, man. WTF? Seriously.

Yeah, time to block his calls.

Ugh.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Hi Miss Eileen!

I have been getting hurt. A lot. Which is dead stupid on my part. I knew there was a reason why I don't date: I'm a Nice Guy magnet. Hate those. I don't have the patience for that simpering behavior.

Asshole is completely clueless. He's a D&D nerd trying to ball like Jay-Z. How about no? I don't understand the point of games. I really don't. I'm honest, straight to the point. That's what I want in a guy, equal return.

I would hope for a date, but honest, I've figured out that I might as well join a nunnery. I've gone 5 years without a date, I can handle 50 more. I'll just enjoy my cats and yell at kids to get off my lawn.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Pug Mum,

You know how to block calls on a cellphone? I don't have a landline, just my iPhone. Cheaper and easier to deal with one bill. I barely use the cell. I have 900 minutes and per month, I use something like maaaybe 1/3rd of it. I have almost 3500 banked rollover minutes.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Jessie, I have an iPhone, too--got it for Christmas, and I'm having fun with my new toy. I don't think there's any way to block calls on it, though I'll ask the techie daughter if she knows.

Eileen

3:34 PM  
Blogger Twiddles said...

You know, I think you have to call your phone provider and have THEM block the number. I know I had to do that with Verizon, and they can't block certain numbers, it seems. So, yeah - might have to call.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Miss Eileen,

Do you have a longer battery life than mine? I usually do have mine last about 3-4 hours, without anything going on it. If she can help, that'd be nice. I don't want any contact with this asswipe ever again.

I'm not a Nice Girl, and I don't care for Nice Guys.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Pug Mum,

I need to wait until he calls again. Since I deleted him from my phone ages ago, and that's why he catches me unaware. I don't pay attention to the number, only that it's a 678 area code. Which doesn't mean much when half my family has that, and they're not all in my phone.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home