26 September 2008

I live!

Okay, I know it's been months and months. Sorry about that. But I've been mad busy with school (finished summer semester with a 3.0) and this semester I'm taking Astronomy with the lab. Which means physics. Which means I'm thoroughly fucked. But I haven't forgotten the place.

Other news, I'm now 27. Turned it on the 12th, and so far it's been a GOOD year. I've got my own apartment starting mid-October, which is awesome. It's 600 sq feet, shotgun style, and it's all mine until December 2009 (longer lease since I'll be in school). I've got to do some painting the first week, so I won't move in proper until the next weekend. It'll cost about 968, counting utilities. I'll have to pay for my phone and cable box (extended basic comes with the utilities, and wireless). It's a triplex of an old 1930s bungalow in the city.

Since I got my trust, I've gone a little crazy but I'm curbing it now. I got a better wardrobe, to get a job with. It's necessary to look nice. I refuse to discuss the buyout of Merrill Lynch by Fuck Me Over America. Refuse. And my main account for everyday is under threat, too. Fantastic. Really.

I went to Dragon*Con this year, but mostly used it as a vacation. I was so tired and sore I couldn't stand it. So I mostly slept. Saw a few famous people peeps. Went to a few interesting book panels.

Other than that, let's see. I'm working my ass off to get into Georgia State by spring. I hate our political choices this season and I'm not voting for either. I'm gunning for Mickey Mouse myself. I need to do absentee next week. Like I give fuck on who wins. We're fucked with the government spending either way.

Ooh, and before I forget, someone wants to date me. Hot damn. He's an IT guy - I think - at Emory and very nice. We'll see how that goes, but I hope it goes somewhere. He makes me smile a lot. And I get a giddy feeling when we talk or email. It's just...nice. He contacted me the same day I got the apartment. Hot damn.

I think that's all on the updates, well important ones anyway. Hopefully I'll be back fairly soon. I've been balls to the walls busy.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Twiddles said...

She lives! Woo-hoo!
And a potential boy? Ooooooh, yay! I've also got a new boy in my life - we're not going to be official for a month or so, but it's pretty much decided. Ha ha, that sounds so high-school. Have I mentioned that I'm moving back to MN in a month because I detest MI? New Boy lives in MN too. Aren't our lives pretty awesome right now? :)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

I don't know about awesome. Fucking boy (who is in his early 30s) is being a wimp. God, it's like, "Grow a pair and just say, 'would you like to go on a date?'" I didn't straight off because I knew nothing about him. I needed a couple days to evaluate. Since then, I've dropped hints, done whatever, and finally I got so frustrated I said, "For the record, I wouldn't be opposed to a date." Cripes! What the hell need to do? Make a damned decision man. Haven't heard back from the email. Ah, well. Apparently I'm undateable.

Where are you moving to in MN? Where did you get a job? Moving to a place on your own? How's the not!relationship going? And everyone hates MI. It's MI.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Jessie! Couldn't find your email address so I'm popping in to cheer on your move . . . and guess what? The reason I didn't respond earlier is that I'm planning to move, too. I've been madly clearing out and spiffing up my house so it can go on the market.

The house looks great now, so if it doesn't sell, at least I get to live in a pretty place. But I hope it sells before Christmas so I can get this done. I'm aimed at Oklahoma City, where my daughter Katie lives. Are you finished painting and settling into your new place?

Eileen

11:21 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Hi Miss Eileen!

I'm all moved in but not painted yet. I got distracted. I ended up getting another cat. She's a legless little thing. She's got mini dachshund legs on a 15 pound body. I have to start feeding both mine for 1/3rd cup a day. She's a Snowshoe mix, named Teyla. Took me a week, but she finally answered to the name after about 30. I adopted her off Craigslist and had her checked out by the doc. She's perfectly healthy. Need to unpack and transfer some boxes over here, too. Only about 30 minute from my mom's. I'm in Buckhead now.

What inspired your move? Just missed your baby girl? I'm sure it'll sale, just might wanna give it an extra month. Any area you wanna move in particular to in the city? Like, all picked out? I know nothing about the city, so I'll take your word on it. You need a werewolf or two to help you move. Clear everything right up. Rule's clans would do nicely. Poke him a bit and say as his creator, you require his strength services. *grins*

Have you dumped a lot of stuff? Like your giveaway pile just keep growing? Personal theory? When in doubt, throw it out. Then you only have some stuff to take the size of Alaska, instead of Texas *and* Alaska combined. Maybe with one of the Dakotas tacked on for good measure.

You can email at alljessedup @ aim. com if you want. That's the one to this blog. And I have another at sharptongued AT gmail dot com.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home