14 March 2008

Zionks!

Scooby Sue, where are you?

ETA: I'm fine. The Atlanta tornadoes hit downtown, not the suburbs. Good thing we don't live there now, isn't it? It's insane, though. MLK Jr Blvd, Omni, Peachtree, Dome, Congress center. That whole area is fucked up. The Arena has sheet metal peeling off it.

Articles: AJC's take, Fox 5, ABC affiliate. (Note: I say tornado, because that's the best guess. No one actually has a clue yet.) 19k without power right now. Including traffic lights. Trust me when I say that here that's the equivalent of NYC not having any. The way the city's set up, there's no specific grid. All service personal (officers, EMTs, firemen) were called in to help with the damage. One person here compared it to the Olympic Bombing.

Photos
Centennial Park
Billboard
Atlanta
Downtown
During Mississippi-Alabama game
Omni Hotel
Don't fall
CNN Center
Water main break in Congress Center
Stack Lofts at Blvd
Lofts again. 5th floor is gone (being renovated). 100 year old walls blown out.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Thank you very much. I visited your blog and left a comment.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

WoW, Scary weather you had girl!

Glad you are OK =)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

It really was scary. I'm just glad it's over. But funnily enough, yesterday we had snowflakes. Big ones, that didn't stick all over the city. Yet, Easter it was freaking 70 degrees.

Welcome to Atlanta's unique weather pattern.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home