29 February 2008

One Jessie Dead On The Floor

I've had a pretty busy couple of days. Saturday until Sunday afternoon, my godmom was throwing up for 18 hours. Then we called 911, and they took her to the hospital 12 hours in the ER (4:30pm - 4:30am) and she was diagnosed with having gallstones. That means she has to be admitted. That means I can't leave the hospital until 6am. I have class at 3:30. Surgery was talked about, and they said they'd call to let me know when. I got a whopping 2 hours sleep that night (because that's SO good for the diabetic. Really.) I was getting ready to hit the road to see her when they call at 1. Surgery's at 3. That's right. Two hours notice. I send off emails to my profs, saying I'm sorry, but a family emergency came up and I need to be there since I'm the power of attorney.

Turns out she had rotten gallstones. Bladder's gone completely. So that's out. Her surgeon was the same one that worked on my diabetic abscess about four years ago. And oddly enough, he remembered me. Well, it's not every day you work on a 22 year old's ass in the child's section because you can't wait to hit the OR. Just saying. Anyway, so she wakes up, and my mom mom and I are waiting for her. Mom Mom's been there since I was. She stuck around and was more than a little awesome.

When the anathesia was wearing off, combined with the morphine, was a funny thing to witness. You'll be glad to know the nurses all wanted to kill her. So while I went to catch me some real food (I had eaten pretty much entirely cafeteria food the day before and it wasn't settling well) and do some errands around the hospital, she sat with her. Apparently they had a good time, which is good like you wouldn't believe. I hate it when they bitch each other out. Mom mom really stepped up and did what she was supposed to. I appreciated it.

Mama came home Tuesday, thank goodness. See, I had midterms Wednesday and Thursday. So I was glad. Only, I show up to both my classes Wednesday, and guess what...there's a test! In each one! Ones I hadn't even tried to study for. Wasn't that fabulous? I know, it was so thrilling to know. I'm just hoping I passed them. Okay, let's back up a bit. I didn't know I was going to have the tests, since my teachers had it on the list but as of last week, hadn't even made a peep about them. Fail, teachers, fail. Actually, double fail, since they never emailed me back. Thanks assholes. Because I clearly needed to worry about if I was going to be okay, or not, in class.

Let's hope I passed, but I doubt I did the math one. That's why I need reviews. Stupid fucking teachers. Stop being lazy damn it. Learn your courses, and know how to read the schedule you created. Ugh. Anyway, so I took the tests.

And today my history wasn't talking about it, but he was talking about early Christianity, since we were discussing Rome. You know, call me kooky, but I don't think it's good to put people on the spot like that. Just saying. And I took my Religions midterm. I'm hoping I passed it. I really, really do. I think I got all of the multiple choice right, and maybe partially on the essay, so that should be totally passing. Dunno the percentage of that one. Oh, that's right. 25% of my grade. Yeah, exactly.

Tomorrow I get to go do errands and next week? I totally get the opportunity to read like three books on American Muslim women, watch Little Buddha for Religion. I need to type up my history notes too. And all this while taking care of my godmom post-surgery and do some errands with her. I'm going to be very tired between doing everything. Not to mention figuring out what the hell I'm supposed to be doing with my history paper due on March 20th. Which is like the week after spring break is over. Again. Worst group. Ever. Though, my ass has an A in the class, so you know, I'll be charitable.

Someone wanna give me like a bottle of vodka and OJ, so I can pretend the week won't happen.

Now I go off to bed so I can do some homework this weekend. Reading a lot of books man. I have to write a note page on it for class. Well, one of them anyway, since it's a source notepage. This man is not normal. I'm just saying.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home