06 December 2007

Just Another Second Childhood, Thanks

Okay, I know I've been MIA. Sorry, I've just been playing with my new crack. Well, it's an old one that I used for like two minutes before abandoning because I kinda wanted to hop in someone's pants, but anyway. Ahem. I have a confession to make:

I play Neopets.

That's right. The game made for ten-year-olds is now my obsession. I'm not quite all there, am I? Ah, well. At least I can play with my little stupid pet that has a petpet. *grins* So if I've missed, oh, say about four days reading the blogs? That's why. I'm catching up now.

In other news, I have a 91 in my math class, so I can pretty much bomb the final and still pass with the required C. Woohoo. And I got my Regents Test result, which is a Georgia educational requirement, and it was really, really good. You need a 61 in order to pass, and I got an 83. That's the reading comprehension anyway. Not bad, really. Almost 20 points higher. And I think the points go up to 99. It equals out to an 83% rounded up. Considering I wasn't even reading half of what was asked, I think I can comprehend what's going on.

On the writing test, the scale was 1-3. A 1 is failing, meaning you couldn't write if your life depended on it. A 2 is passing, the minimum, and is pretty average. A 3 is publishable. You have an hour to write about a topic that is given to you (there's a choice of four). There is three pages you have to fill, and you can skip lines (and is actively encouraged). I skipped lines until I got about to page three and realized I was going to run out of room so I stopped skipping lines, which is also allowed and encouraged. I received a 2, which means I passed both sections. That means I kinda kicked ass.

Now, to go to bed. I'm so tired. Or not. I meant to add that Pug Mom, your tat looks really pretty.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Twiddles said...

Thanks!
Oh, and I've changed my display name to Pug & I (just in case you're confused) :)
As for the tests, freaking awesome! I hope I do as well in my exams next week. Blah. I hate exams - don't you? But I'm happy you got such good grades!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Misty DawnS said...

Yay for you on your grades! That's awesome!!!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Pug & I,
Oh! I'll change the name on the link, too. Thank you for telling me. Your tat is so pretty, very vibrant.

I'm kind of proud of my grade, to be honest. I've worked so hard to get it. Well, off and on. In the beginning I paid attention to set the ground work. On the reviews, I got an 88 on both, so I can pass the majority easy peasy.

Exams are evil, aren't they? They make you want to beat someone up, because honestly, math is useless once you get passed the basics. I don't foresee needing to know x and y in the future. Ever. Next semester I'll have four classes instead of one, and that'll be interesting.



Misty Dawn,
Thank you! I will pass this class if it kills me since I have to go on to the next learning support section, and that'll mess up my other registration, too. I'm not about to lose out when I've worked so hard. It's pretty awesome when people come to me and ask if I got the same answer they did, since I have one of the higher grades. Probably out of about 30-35 people, I'm in the top 15%.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home