26 December 2007

Classified under D for Dumbass

Gee, it amazes me that people are upset when a zoo animal gets out. I kinda wanna choke a bitch, a lot of them, when that happens. Why? Because, dude, we're caging them like they're a fucking stuffed animal. Hey, dumbasses, any time you go near a wild exhibit, you're taking a chance. Just because they're nice one minute, doesn't mean that we can't upset them more the next. God, the stupid in the world is mind boggling. Especially since they shoot the animal. Hey, here's an idea. Let's shoot the stupid motherfuckers that taunt the wild animals behind the glass.

There are parts of Atlanta Zoo I don't feel comfortable in. Namely the gorilla exhibit. There's too much free roam space that the gorillas can hop from one place to another. Sorry, but I like having a sense of security and some self-awareness. I know that the gorillas could throw a fit and throw me eight ways to Sunday. It's a fascinating concept, self-awareness. I wish more people used it.

If a dog or cat can attack their human, and they're supposedly domesticated, then so will the creatures we plucked from the wild in order to "conserve" and mostly gawk at. Not complicated, folks. I'm sure something that would be pretty much isolated if people didn't have the urge to sprawl and claim land, fucking up the planet, isn't going to be too keen on humans. We killed the animals to damn near extinction. That doesn't mean we get to play gawk at the freaked out animals. Nothing likes to be put on display, poked and prodded at, dealing with strange people all the time, to be annoyed by sticky fingered people that insist on tapping on glass or screaming bloody murder when they spot the animal all the way at the other end of the enclosure because they've had enough.

Sorry, the dead and mauled get no sympathy from me. If you aren't aware that a wild animal, caged or not, is just that then you deserve to be bitch slapped by them. Locking them up does not domesticate any animal. It only stresses them out more.

I weep for humanity.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger The Creeper said...

I hate people who tap on the glass. I remember going to the Louisville zoo and watching the polar bears (in KY? LOL!) jump off the edge of the pool into the water right next to the glass and scaring the living shit out of people. I thought that was revenge for all the assholes tapping on the glass.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

I remember doing it as a child, and I cringe now. But I also think the animals can tell the difference from people being mean, to someone acknowledging their existence and being glad for it. I didn't play or poke at them. I never understood people who like to see the gorillas coming for them to the glass. There's a difference from a charging animal and a curious one.

I don't get people who think of them as furniture, something to play with, and not say "Wait, that's a living being." Humanity is great, it is, but it's not the only thing on the planet. And shooting an endangered animal because it followed its instinct....imagine if we did that to other people, and with the same glee. We've done it in the past, and look how well it's worked for us. I had the image of a group of people in zoo exhibits, I wonder how people would respond then.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Amen sistah!

I feel so sorry for caged, zooed (made up word), circus, for profit animals.

Sad, so sad.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

I don't mind when they're working on conserving animals. I really don't. Because we fucked up the natural balance and it's up to us to fix it. But I do have a problem for animals that are being used for profit. It's good to expose people to the animals, but I think there should be like regulation on noticing when an animal looks really, really stressed out. When it does, it's taken out, and so sorry for the people who paid, but you know that's life. Sometimes you miss stuff you wanna see. I think I've seen the pandas...zero times. Because of my timing, and that's cool. Because I don't want to stress an animal out that far.

I mean, they're living, breathing beings. Not your pretty trophy to put on display. If there's nothing else, shouldn't we as a species be learning our issues are spilling over into the animal and natural world around us? How many dogs are on Prozac again? Are diagnosed as schizophrenic? Ten to one, they weren't like this before we started being jerks to their environment. All that for the need to conquer any and everything, in order to piss further.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home