22 November 2007

Gobble, gobble!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Turkey Day. Or maybe I should say Football Day, since I am in the South. We went out to our annual dining place (no need to cook for two people), and I went to my mom's for some time. It was nice to see my family, well some of them. Aunt Lisa has Marie Osmond's hyena laugh, except mixed with a twanged nails on chalkboard little extra. Fabulous. But it was nice to see them.

And now I need to get back to my word count. I plan on not moving too much tomorrow. I don't really fancy having a wreck during Black Friday. I live between two malls and an interstate. I'm too smart for that.

Reading LMQ's post on getting a new digi cam reminded me that I need to get a new one. See, mine is so cool that it randomly decided to not take the lens back into the damn thing, in the middle of the night. So I don't have have one, but I totally need one in like 3 weeks. Go Team Nikon!

So what's a girl to do? Go to Ebay! Except there are some seriously delusional people on that place. And some assholes, but we'll start with the delusional first. People are selling new ones for like 400 bucks...while they're like half that in the stores. Hello? Common sense would tell me to buy it from the store for that difference.

Now, the assholes. Those are the people that snipe shit. God forbid you be on a limited budget and that's why you're trying to use the site cause you have a limited budget. I mean, if I had the 300 for the camera, I could go to the store! Let me repeat that: if I could afford the camera, I'd buy it from a store I can return it to if it breaks. I'm just saying. So, I'm desperately hoping for a camera in the next couple days, so I can take pics when we go to Florida, for our reference points. And when we tour apartments.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lawn Mower Queen said...

Check newegg.com. My brother swears by them and that's where I got my camera. They have really good deals.

I got my camera for less than it would have retailed at Circuit City, Best Buy, or even Target. AND I got it in a bundle with a memory card, digital photo frame, and lens.

7:45 AM  
Blogger metamorphstorm said...

Funny, my aunt has a similar sounding laugh. It sounds somewhat like a snort followed by high-pitched and squeaky, rapid inhales...very annoying, especially since my little sister's picked up on it and imitates it for months. :)

4:16 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

LMQ, I ended up with this camera after doing some serious looking online. I spent about an hour at 3 this morning and about 2 hours before I bought it. I had to jump, and knew it, since it's Black Friday, but I realized how much I needed one. I thought about it since I had planned on buying a DSLR in May, but I think I'll put it off until next Thanksgiving since the deals are there.

I checked out Newegg, but I had an absolute limit of 100 bucks (because it was coming off my financial aid money), and I went over a couple dollars due to tax. But still a 129 camera for 99 is so good I had to go with it. I'll work on a better one later. I'll take a decent one for now from a brand I trust. My old Coolpix lasted three/four years, which is not bad considering it used to live in my purse for about two of those. So, I guess it's matter of longevity. I didn't get the 20 dollar GB sized card, but as Tim Gunn says, I can "make it work." My 256 MB can be dumped daily on my godmom's laptop we're taking.

And I really need to stop talking like Tyra. Damn ANTM marathons.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Metamorphstorm,

Oh, god. I am so sorry if your sister is copying that laugh. I would be tempted to duct tape her mouth shut all the time. At least Lisa's once in a couple years thing. I am so sorry for you. Maybe you should keep a little duct tape handy just in case. *nods*

7:07 PM  
Blogger The Creeper said...

Oh, it was most definitely football day here in the north. Well, in Michigan/Wisconsin anyway. The Lions playing the Packers and we live in the UP...closer to Green Bay than Detroit (way closer)...yeah, most definitely football day.

Glad you found a camera. I was going to recommend newegg as well.

And Steve's Digicams is the best place to go for ratings/reliability scores.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Miss Sue,
*laugh* I was bouncing cause didn't the Falcons lose? Oh, come on. You'd boo for them, too! I know you would. How could anyone support the team of thugs?

I found the camera from the budget aspect. As long as it lasts a bit, I'm cool. I don't need a long lasting one, but something at least.

Woohoo. I have things I can find easily because it's marked. I want LMQ's Rebel, but I bet she won't give it up for the world. *sighs* One day I shall get one.

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home