02 October 2007

What I really, really want!

I stole this from Misty Dawn, and the original source is Ten on Tuesday. I should state that I don't buy a season DVD that is more than 20 bucks. Except for one, which I'll mention in the list. And you'll notice that there's a specific genre that most fit in.

10 Television Shows You'd Like to Have (or Have already) on DVD


1. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. I am a child of my generation. What can I say? But honestly that was one of the few shows in the late 90s that actually presented the fact teenagers aren't totally stupid. I have the first three seasons, I just need the last four. Wait? Eliza Dushku? Hot.

2. Angel, the series. Kinda goes with Buffy, since it's the spin-off. But it has Cordelia, who is one of the few women characters in the past decade I can honestly say I identified with. She's materialistic as hell, but has a huge heart and will kick your ass for messing with her family. She's who I would be on television.

3. Brothers and Sisters. I watched the show for the first time last Sunday, and oh my god. I love it! Tight writing, great acting, overall awesome appeal. And I'd like to be caught up.

4. Charmed. Okay, fine. The first three seasons anyway. I loved Prue so much. She was like Cordelia, but mature in a different way. She was a bitch and okay about. Would drop kick in a second for touching her sisters. Was willing to change her life when it was no longer working. Took care of what needed to be done.

5. Seaquest DSV. I don't care about the season where it was like 100 years into the future or something. That'd be about the time it jumped the shark. But I loved that they had a dolphin that could communicate. Brilliant.

6. Dark Angel. Season Two since I own the first. Why? Because it's my guilty pleasure. When I get upset, I can stare at the pretty, pretty man known as Jensen Ackles and pretend the plot doesn't suck by the second season.

7. Stargate SG-1. Okay, fine. I really only want seasons Six and Nine. I bought Ten the other day for 25, which was half off. I just love Vala so much. She's the kind of person I think I would be if I had grown up differently. Maybe not as flirty, but still the same kind of person. And characters drive me to love shows.

8. Farscape. Okay, so I technically "own" a few seasons, but I would love to actually have a physical copy for the seasons. Unfortunately they're hella expensive. Seriously. You get like 4 episodes a disc, and the prices can range from like 14-30 bucks. You can buy the seasons, but they're like 100 bucks. Er, no. I have to buy that in stages. But I would love to own them all. I haven't watched it consecutively because there is no point if I'll have to wait. But I will one day. And I like the extras. The entire boxed set, for all 4 seasons is 498.00 on Amazon.

9. Doctor Who. Okay, again. I only want Nine's season and Ten's first. I identified a lot with Rose, where I am emotionally now, and frankly, I could give two shits about Ten. I just liked her. And Nine just rocked hardcore. He kicked so much ass it's not even funny. Fantastic. Both sets are 133.64 on Amazon. See why it's in the wish list?

10. Smallville. Oh, kids. I hate to even admit I like the show. It's so bad. I don't do comics, so I don't compare to anything. But it's so cheesy. Sometimes, you need a lot of that. See Dark Angel. And Seasons Six brought me Justin Hartley. And well, have you seen Tom Welling's abs? Hell, yeah. Shallow McShallow here.

Honorable mentions would be Xena, Warrior Princess and Stargate Atlantis. I just loved Xena. Period. Even when it jumped like thousands of sharks. It was awesome watching Xena grow into herself. Stargate Atlantis had the first male lead I've liked in the past 15 years or so. Joe Flanigan's acting is awesome. As are what little the women are given to work with. I wouldn't buy it for myself but I like it nonetheless.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

I've watched Brothers and Sisters from the first season, and I like it too.

Then again, I was one of the few Alley McBeal fans =)

8:00 AM  
Blogger The Creeper said...

I'm with you on Angel and Charmed. Though I want the last two seasons of Charmed because I missed them. *swearing at the satellite company for dropping WB*

I'd also like every CSI Las Vegas and The Dead Zone. Who knew little Anthony Michael Hall was going to grow up to be so freaking yummy!? *drools*

9:54 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Nancy, I didn't get to see the first season. Which made me into a sad panda. But the writing is so good. You don't see that often on television nowadays. I didn't like Ally much, but Kitty's personality did remind me a bit of Ally's issues. Not a lot, but a little.

Sue, you didn't miss much with Charmed. Trust me. I think it was the end of season seven that they got like a weird new identity or something. Though, Janice Dickinson guest spotted on the eighth season premiere. I loathed Phoebe and Paige so I had no use for the show after Prue. And the chick that played Bridget on 10 Rules appeared on the show, much like when the Camdens started adopting kids on 7th Heaven. It was baaaaaad. But I adored, *adored* season six, because damn Chris was fine.

Angel, I'm still mad about pregnant!Cordy in season four, and the way she was kinda canon destroyed. Almost as bad as when they toned Faith's badass down. Though I did a little dance with Fred's demise.

See, I don't know much about CSI. I never got the appeal. But it could be fact the first one I ever saw had David Caruso doing the sunglsses gimmick of doom. My mom watches The Dead Zone. I did in the beginning, but I kept getting distracted. I did like Burn Notice, though.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Pug Mom said...

Ahh, I'm back. Sorry for taking so long to comment. Been running around like a busy little bee after these crazy puggers. :) Anyway, as for your list - I have a cousin who lives and dies by Stargate SG1. Yeah, she calls me every time there's an episode and goes through the plotline point by point. But then, she's obsessed. :) I like some Charmed, although I thought it a bit ridiculous when they morphed into different bodies during the last season. Yeah, not a fan. And I could never understand why people thought Leo was hot. He's just not my type of guy at ALL. OH! OH! I have an idea - go to my blog for details, hopefully you can tag along with my crazy notion. :)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Oh, it's fine. I figured you'd been ass deep in pugs for awhile. *grins*

SG1. My favorite characters? Jonas, Cam, and Vala. Notice none of those are in the original team. Cause hell no. I want to choke and cut a bitch with Sam Carter and Daniel Jackson. If it's not those three seasons? I could give a flying shit. Again, cause I don't wanna have to cut a bitch through the television.

Charmed and Leo. Dude, how was he hot exactly? I mean...he's just. Not. Now, Cole. Hell yeah. And I'd fuck Chris, easy. But Leo always looked constipated. It was a tad distracting. I kinda wondered if the actor was taking lessons from the chick that plays Lana Lang for a minute there.

I shall be at your blog in just a minute.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Pug Mom said...

Yep - Lana Lang annoys me SOOOO SOOOO much. I mean, she's attractive, but geezus, she's always acting the SAME. EXACT. WAY. She always seems to be thinking, "Superman, I love you. You love me. But I can't be with you. Because I'm an uptight bitch. Who has lots of problems. And I can't ever be happy. So I'll always look so sad." I swear, last season when I thought they killed her, I was jumping for joy, and then this season they bring her back somehow? Ugh. UGH. It's time to move on, people. Oh, I update my blog with the new idea, so you can check it out now. :)

3:01 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

I was like "Why? WHY are you bring this bitch back?? What do I do to deserve this shit?" I stopped watching years ago because of KK's limit of two facial expressions: crying or constipation. That's it. Look, if you can make Chad Michael Murray look like a well-rounded actor, you got problems. I was kinda hoping that she was the clone. Cause hell yeah, she can't be anymore annoying than the real Lana.

And shallowly, I'll keep watching cause Tom is ripped! Damn, I didn't realize he was hot. I knew he couldn't act, but hot damn. Now, if they'd just bring Justin Hartley back, my world would be complete.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Pug Mom said...

Yes, Tom IS ripped. Although I hate hate hate HATE the horrid farmer shirts he's been forced to wear during pretty much the entire show. HATE them. If he wore actually NICE clothes, women wouldn't be able to tear themselves away from the TV screen.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Dude, I know. I'm like, "Look. Clark ain't Jonathon. Stop this shit. Right now." Gah. I'd watch Tom for a long as time. Shirtless is good! I want Bizzaro!Clark back, too. Cause damn, he had a deeper voice, combined with a shirtless shot. Guh. I'd fall to the floor and never get up. Cause hot damn on a cracker.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home