20 October 2007

Here lies...

So, last Thursday night, my gerbil CC died. She was spazzatic, and old, but I liked her. She was older, though. Almost two, and for an inbreed gerbil, she lived a long time. I found her Friday morning and felt terrible. But I was expecting it.


Cherry Coke (C.C.)
2005-10/11/07
[No pic.]


However, I wasn't expecting Jack. Jack is - wait, was - my hamster. I'd had him for about 11 months, and the shit kicked ass. He was awesome. But he died. At 11 months. Which is really young, even for a pet store hammie. I have no idea what killed him. I didn't notice until about 11:30 tonight, when he wasn't spinning on his wheel. Going around and around. And we just got the wheel about six weeks ago, maybe two months. It was a Wodent Wheel. You know, one that didn't break in no time flat. I don't know what to do. Cause it's Jack. I got him about a week after my last male gerbil died last year. I just. Man.


Jack
11/18/06 - 10/19/07

[Taken first day I had Jackers.]



It was the terrific end to a sucky day.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mom said...

I'm so sorry you lost both your little pals - I had to put down my Pomeranian a few years ago, and I can't even begin to explain how much that hurt. If you're interested, I'd be happy to send you a giftcard to a pet store for another CC or Jack - I know you can't get them back, but maybe you'll fall in love with another chap/chappette. :) Take care!

12:58 PM  
Blogger The Creeper said...

So sorry about you wittle friends. It's always hard to lose them. *hugs*

7:10 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Pug Mom,

I had to make the decision to put down my cat a couple years ago, and couldn't be there for it. It sucks and makes you wanna bash something. I think I'm going to wait, though. I'm not convinced it wasn't something in the air or the walls around here. To lose them a week apart even makes me question pretty heavily. Especially when you take into account my godmom's asthma has been off the chart and she can hardly breathe. Plus, we're going to be moving in the next six months or so, and I'm not sure how well hammies travel eight hours away. If I can't guarantee a better life, I'd rather wait, ya know? *hugs* Thank you for the offer. Trust me, it means a load.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Sue,

Thank you. It was hard because it was very sudden, with Jack at least. I feel terrible, like I could have done something better. Completely guilt. I threw everything but the aquariums - because glass breaks, yo - away. Oh, and a wheel Jack outgrew in about a week. I'll give the two smaller aquariums away to a shelter and give my dad back his big one.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home