26 October 2007

Happy Time!

Time for a happy post!

Augs, I should be telling a Hell House story around Halloween. Not on Halloween since I'll be spending about six hours at my school, but around then. Probably the 30th, if I remember.

Hey, Marie! I meant to say, nice to meetcha earlier.

I joined NaNoWriMo again this year. Oh, yes, because I think I can write 50k words in 30 days. Clearly, I need to have my head examined. But I'm going to try my best. I have the story going in my head, and the leading lady is starting to shape up. I have until Nov. 1st to plan. Her name? Cooper. Her sisters? Harrison and Finley. Their dad sucks, but I find it hilarious that they were given men names, and have boy nick names. Coop, Harri, and Finn. Ah well, it is my twisted mind. But don't expect me to talk much about it. I'm keeping pretty quiet until I get it done. We'll see. So far, it's a paranormal romance. I'm thinking more like MaryJanice Davidson or Gerry Bartlett. Oh, and there's a hellhound descendant. But you know me, I ain't normal.

In December, my godmom and I are going to go to St. Augustine for vacation. Apparently, we're moving from Atlanta to down there, instead of up here. Um, yeah. But I don't mind, really. I think we both need a change. We'll be gone a week or so. I'll let ya know when time comes closer. We won't be moving until late May. Time for me to finish up the school year, and get some things straightened out first.

Okay, that's enough of an update. I need to go character build Cooper more. *grins* Hey, I might as well use the next couple days for not worrying over the Regents test on Halloween. It's a reading/writing comprehension thing.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger The Creeper said...

I haven't joined that NaNoWri-whatever yet. I know I could do 50K words...come on, I'm a wordy bitch and I know it. LOL!

Looking forward to a spooky Halloween story from you.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

*grins* As wordy as I am, it's kinda a double-edged sword. But, the words don't have to be anything but tangentially related. We ain't editing this month. I usually lose focus a week or so in.

I'll have to ask my godmom for an especially spooky one. Lord knows, we have enough of them.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Misty DawnS said...

Good luck with Nanowrimo! I've considered joining for two years now, but haven't. I hope you reach the 50K!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Thank you! I've been doing some Hellhound research the past hour or so. Collecting links. If you have time, it's at least worth trying. Like I told Sue, I peter out, but I do a little more every year. I've done it in 2004, 2005, and 2006. And the most I got was about 8k in. But that's more than all my long stories together.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Pug Mom said...

It's Halloween - and no scary story? I'm disappointed in you, Jessie. Tsk tsk. If we can't get scary stories from someone who lived in a haunted house, who CAN we get scary stories from? Criss Angel? :) Tee hee hee.... yeah, he may be interesting, but I still think he's a bit of a diva.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Sorry! It's been a long couple of days. I have to go ask my mom about a really spooky one and write it up.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home