22 July 2007

Summer Storms

So, in case anyone missed it: I'm afraid of thunderstorms. Like, I hate them. Not as much as I used to, but still hate them. This morning about 7:45 thunder shook the house, and woke me up from sleep. Disoriented, I managed to unplug my computer and DSL, then unhooked my godmom's laptop.

Why do I hate thunderstorms? Hell House. You have random bolts come all wily-nilly in your house and tell me you wouldn't freak the fuck out. And I had that happen from kindergarten until freshman year of high school. Yeah, and lightning? Blew out all the outlets in the house. Like, Mama had to replace all the televisions, have the wires checked out. Thank god for beachfront insurance policies.

I did fall back asleep, though. I'd only been asleep like 4 hours, so I needed more. Plus, I'm way lazy when that sleepy. I just ignore everything else.

Welcome to summer storms in Atlanta.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mom said...

And how you're still alive and not in a nuthouse, rocking back in forth in a padded room whispering to yourself, is way beyond me. I'd have dropped dead the first time I saw a ghost. But everybody's different. :) Someone once said, "God doesn't give you more than you can handle" - and even if you don't believe in anything spiritual, I've noticed that's been the case in my own life. I'll get very near to my breaking point, but never go over it. Thankfully. Otherwise I'd be in that padded room, rocking back and forth. :)
Oh, on another note, could you stop by my blog and cast your vote on my current tattoo dilemma? You'll know what I mean when you read my latest post. Toodles!

4:28 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

*grins* Testimony to my strength? Naw, I just internalize everything. When I'm 45, I'll be in the padded room with a nice white decor. Something I think whoever the higher power is tests me on a weekly basis. I'd like a week off, please. I nearly had a couple breakdowns before I was 20. I was just on the breaking point when I went to college. A lot of sleepless nights and WTFery abounded. Luckily, I kept myself off the breaking point thanks to friends.

*grins* I stopped by and gave my vote...or opinion. Lots and lots of opinions. ;)

10:47 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I LOVE thunder, lightning, pounding rain storms!

Best way to fall asleep ... open the windows and smell the rain air.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Oh, no. No, no, no. Where there are storms, I will be curled up reading a book and pretending that it's not happening. *shudders*

But my daddy says the same thing, and he's from Michigan, too. Maybe it's something up there in your air.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Augs Casa said...

I loves me a good storm. No hiding for me. I'm in it. Nothing better than a storm and a good book under a porch.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Because you're clearly insane. *nods* I'll just read my book inside, with the TV going loudly, ignoring the storm.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home