04 July 2007

It's drunk day!

Happy 4th, y'all. Wanna beer *shudders* or something with an umbrella in it? I'll be making my cosmo. Now, I celebrated. Right there. You saw it.

People have been celebrating since the 1st around here. I know because I've heard the fireworks going off around us. And tonight Lenox'll be full of fireworks. Hmm, naw, not worth the drive. Seriously. I wouldn't get home until like 4am. Yeah, no thanks. I'll just watch it on the television. I'm cool like that.

I woke up around dawnish, sitting straight up, legs facing my door...on the bathroom floor. Okay, that? Not so unusual, considering I used to sleep in the empty tub, on the toilet, in a closet, on the couch. And all the while not remembering how I got there. The fun part was trying to stay awake for 5 minutes to make my feet move the 15 feet to my bed. I kept dozing off. Thank god I don't snore or drool in my sleep. Finally I got up and got to my bed, walking like a drunk man, or Robert Redford in Barefoot in the Park. Take your pick.

It's sad when you're totally not surprised by these things. I was just thrilled I wasn't stuck in the tub this time.

And, as it turns out, I needed another nap. So I spent like an hour sound asleep in the tub while bathing.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

After the nap? Just a 'lil hair of the dog that bit you and you'll be fine *wink*

11:29 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

*laugh* Ended up napping in my mom's room for like half an hour too. Apparently sleeping sitting up on the floor exhausts me. *snort*

And sadly? I didn't have something to drink until 10 tonight. So I have no excuse for the rest of the day.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Augs Casa said...

I don't miss drunk days at all.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

*grins* I grew up in the South. Every day was drunk day. ;) I was more amused by the drunk people that go see fireworks. Of course, I forgot to watch them on television.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home